TypeScript: The Complete Developer's Guide
Master TypeScript and take your career to the next level by building your own real-world complex apps and learning to use popular design patterns. Bonus: TypeScript with React and Express.
What you'll learn
- ✓Master design patterns for building large applications
- ✓Understand Composition vs Inheritance and when to use each
- ✓Create reusable boilerplate components for your own TypeScript projects
- ✓Integrate TypeScript into React/Redux or Express projects
- ✓Write reusable code powered by classes and interfaces
- ✓Understand why each feature of TypeScript exists and exactly when, where and how to use them
- ✓Build a custom front-end framework from scratch that you can use in place of React or Angular for your own personal projects
- ✓Become a top 10% TypeScript Developer
Meet your instructor
Software Engineer & Instructor
Throughout his years of mentoring engineers as they started their careers in software development, Stephen developed a special ability to simplify complex topics.
Stephen turned this skill into a passion for teaching others, sharing the knowledge he has gained by creating some of the highest rated programming courses online. Over the past five years, more than 700,000 students from around the world have taken at least one of his courses.
Why Zero To Mastery is right for you
With so many online resources available, it can be paralyzing not only figuring out where to start but more importantly which courses will actually teach you the skills you need to get hired.
That’s why the Zero To Mastery Academy exists, to provide industry-leading courses and content to teach you the relevant skills you need to advance your career and get you hired at some of the top companies in the world.
Join now to get complete access to this course and all others for only $22/month.
We want you to make sure this course is a good fit for you. So start learning for free right now by clicking the PREVIEW links below.
We guarantee you that this is the most comprehensive and up to date TypeScript course that you can find to learn and master TypeScript. Other online courses teach you the basic syntax and features but only this course will show you how to apply TypeScript on real-world projects, walking you through how to build your own large, successful projects.
Composition vs Inheritance? You'll understand it. Build your own web framework? You'll do it. TypeScript with React/Redux? It's here!
Graduates of Zero To Mastery are now working at Google, Tesla, Amazon, Apple, IBM, JP Morgan, Facebook, Shopify + other top tech companies. This could be you.
By enrolling today, you’ll also get to join our exclusive live online community classroom to learn alongside thousands of students, alumni, mentors, TAs and Instructors. Most importantly, you will be learning from an industry expert that has actual real-world experience working with TypeScript, building large-scale apps for large companies in Silicon Valley.
Mastering TypeScript by reading the documentation alone is challenging. Although you might know what a 'typed array' or an 'interface' is, the documentation (and other courses!) don't show you where to use these features or how to use them effectively. This course will ensure you understand why each feature of TypeScript exists and exactly where to use them.
Top companies are hungry for TypeScript developers. Some of the largest web apps today are being built with TypeScript. Employers are scrambling to find engineers who are fluent with this cutting edge system. Solid knowledge of TypeScript will make you far more employable, by giving you a unique skill that few other engineers possess.
Planning on building your own apps? Using TypeScript will help you structure your project correctly from day one, ensuring that you won't be crushed under technical debt at some critical stage of your company. In this course, you'll learn how to write reusable code, with a tremendous emphasis on leveraging classes and interfaces to make swappable 'widgets'. You will be able to reconfigure your apps on the fly to build wildly different features with only a minimum amount of effort.
Learn from someone who has worked on one of the largest TypeScript projects. On professional projects of my own, I have developed plugins for an open-source, browser-based code editor called Theia. The Theia project is massive in scale, encompassing hundreds of thousands of lines of code, all written in TypeScript. This project works only thanks to the power of TypeScript.
There is just too much content in this course to summarize but here is a partial listing of the different skills you'll master:
- Master the fundamental features of TypeScript by working on real-world projects
- We'll build a custom front-end framework from scratch that you can use in place of React or Angular on your own personal projects
- Comprehend the complex interplay between classes and interfaces and why these two pieces of TypeScript enable you to build incredibly reusable code
- Dive deeper into TypeScript with decorators, which we'll use to build a custom integration between TypeScript and Express
- Structure your React and Redux applications more confidently by understanding how to couple them with TypeScript
- Skip the documentation for third party libraries by fluently reading type definition files
- Learn just how smart TypeScript is by experiencing how deeply it analyzes your code for errors
- and much more!
I learned TypeScript years ago by hard trial-and-error. Now you can learn at 5x the speed I did. This is the course that I wish I had when I first got started with TypeScript.
This might sound crazy but we're going to make sure you actually have FUN learning and you won't be alone. You'll be learning alongside hundreds of other students from around the world in our private online community classroom.
Click Start Learning Now to join the Academy and we'll see you inside the course!
Answers to (at least some of) your questions
Are there any prerequisites for this course?
Who is this course for?
- Anyone that's stuck in a loop of "beginner" TypeScript tutorials and are ready to go beyond the basics
- Students who want to master the fundamentals of TypeScript and gain experience by actually working on complex, real-world projects
- Developers that want to be in the top 10% of TypeScript developers
- Anyone who wants to structure their React and Redux applications more confidently by understanding how to couple them with TypeScript
- Anyone who wants to add a skill that is in high-demand by top companies and will help them get hired as a developer
Do you provide a certificate of completion?
We definitely do and they are quite nice. You will also be able to add Zero To Mastery Academy to the education section of your LinkedIn profile to help you stand out.
Can I use the course project in my portfolio?
Yes, you’d be crazy not to! Many of our students tell us the projects they built while following along with our courses were what got them interviews and because they built the projects themselves, they could confidently explain and walk through their work during the interview. You know what that means? Job offer!
Can I download the videos?
Definitely. You can download any and all lessons for personal use. We do everything we can to make learning easy, fun, and accessible whether that’s on your commute, on a flight or if you just have limited access to good wifi.
How long does it usually take for me to build something and get hired?
Ultimately you’re the only can that can control that. Everyone learns at a different pace, but students who put in a couple hours each day to apply what they’ve learned should be able to confidently build their own projects and get hired within 6 months.
We don’t see just getting hired as the end goal though. Our advanced courses will also teach you the topics and skills you need to get promoted and hired as a senior developer.
Still have more questions specific to the Academy membership? No problem, scroll to the bottom of this page.
Live the life you want, starting now
Learning to code and becoming a developer provides endless opportunities to live the life you want. Whether that’s a high paying job with a world-class tech company, working remotely or building your own apps, the ZTM Academy will equip you with the skills and knowledge to achieve your dreams.
Our courses walk you through the entire journey of starting to learn to code to having a successful career as a developer. Along the way, you’ll not only be supported by Stephen, other ZTM Instructors and course TAs but also your peers in the exclusive Zero To Mastery community.
Join now to take the first step to change your life.