Complete Web & Mobile Designer in 2022: UI/UX, Figma + more
Get hired as a designer in 2022! This is the only design bootcamp you need to learn and master web & mobile design, UI & UX, and HTML & CSS.
What you'll learn
- ✓ Build beautifully designed web and mobile projects for your customers using modern tools used by top companies in 2022
- ✓ Immediate access to 100+ assets and premium design templates that you can keep and use to customize all your future projects
- ✓ Master Figma for your design needs then learn to convert your designs into a live HTML and CSS website
- ✓ Master both Web and Mobile design principles and how to go from sketching to fully-fledged high fidelity designs that will wow customers
- ✓ Learn best practices and expert tips & tricks that would take you years to learn working full-time
- ✓ Learn UI/UX best practices using the latest trends in the industry
- ✓ Get hired as a Designer or become a freelancer that can work from anywhere and for anyone. Designers are in high demand!
- ✓ Have an amazing design portfolio customized and professionally completed by the end of the course (we provide it for you!)
- ✓ Learn to design for all types of devices using Figma and other tools used by some of the top designers in the world
- ✓ Learn to use HTML5 and CSS3 to make your designs come to life and create fully working websites
- ✓ Learn to make professional logos and design choices for all branding needs
- ✓ Learn to be a designer as well as a web developer at the same time (a rare combination of skills that will get you hired faster)!
Meet your instructors
Senior Software Developer turned Instructor, Founder of ZTM
Andrei is the instructor of some of the highest rated programming courses on the web. Some of his students (500,000+ in the past few years) now work for some of the biggest tech companies around the world like Apple, Google, Amazon, Tesla, IBM, Shopify and many more.
He has worked as a Senior Software Developer in Silicon Valley and Toronto for many years and is now taking all that he has learned to teach programming skills and to help you discover the amazing career opportunities that being a developer allows in life.
Head of Product Design & Instructor
Daniel is a multi faceted designer and design leader with over 7 years of experience working for some world-class companies.
His expertise expands across multiple design disciplines including User Experience, Visual Design, User Research, Product Strategy, Lean and Agile Design Methodologies and much more.
Daniel has always been passionate about teaching by sharing his experience and empowering other designers. He has helped to grow and mentor many new designers in their careers and is now here to do the same for you as the very first Design Instructor at the Zero to Mastery Academy.
Don't take our word for it
Dian Rizki Yudhistira
WHAT AN AMAZING COURSE! Daniel & Andrei really take this online lecturing to the next level! This course provided you with lots of details about UI/UX and Product Design. I love how the lectures were separated into 2 learning pathways, as a Active Learner or as a Passive Learner. The way instructors deliver the content attracts me the most. As someone with a Bachelor Degree in Education, I can confidently say that the instructors know very well how to teach. Also, they provide lots of resources and materials that will come in handy in the future.
I'm a Senior Frontend Developer but I've often struggled at work when important design decisions fall on me (most companies don't have in-house designers).This course offered great value and the instructor shares some real gems of UX knowledge. It's apparent Daniel is very experienced in the field. If you're a Software Developer and part of your job entails crafting user experience, you will benefit from this course! I have more confidence that I can make informed UX decisions and offer greater value to my company and users thanks to this course.
Andrei and Daniel are amazing instructors. This course is so elaborate and it builds your foundation strong and well. Daniel goes through every little detail so that you can learn all you need to know about Figma and Web Design. If you are just starting on Web Design, or if you are looking to improve your skills, you should give this course a try. This course has helped me a lot to choose my career in Web Design.
This is a really fun and detailed course that teaches you the whole process of digital product design and prototype. I've always wanted to learn from experienced senior designers about design principles, work flow, how to work with clients, how to turn a concept into final prototype step by step, how to decide micro interactions and other delightful UX, how to organize massive assets and files, ... etc. This course provides all the answers!
Why Zero To Mastery is right for you
With so many online resources available, it can be paralyzing not only figuring out where to start but more importantly which courses will actually teach you the skills you need to get hired.
That’s why the Zero To Mastery Academy exists, to provide industry-leading courses and content to teach you the relevant skills you need to advance your career and get you hired at some of the top companies in the world.
Join now to get complete access to this course and all others for only $23/month.
We want you to make sure this course is a good fit for you. So start learning for free right now by clicking the PREVIEW links below.
We guarantee you that this is the best online design course and design bootcamp that you can find if you want to go from an absolute beginner with zero design knowledge to getting hired as a web designer making $100,000+.
Graduates of Zero To Mastery courses are now working at Google, Tesla, Amazon, Apple, IBM, JP Morgan, Facebook + other top tech companies. This could be you.
By enrolling today, you’ll also get to join our exclusive live online community classroom to learn alongside thousands of students, alumni, mentors, TAs and Instructors. Most importantly, you will learn web and mobile design from industry experts that have actual real-world experience having worked for top companies in both Silicon Valley and Toronto.
Bonus: You’ll also get instant access to 100+ assets and premium design templates that you can keep and use to customize all your future projects.
This Zero To Mastery design course is very hands-on. This course focuses on efficiently getting you from being a complete beginner to a point where you can get hired or win freelance contracts. You will learn:
- The principles and fundamentals of graphic design
- The latest best practices in Web Design and Mobile Design
- User Interface and User Experience Design (UI/UX) fundamentals and best practices
- To actually create your own beautiful, professional designs (not just watch us!) using the most in-demand, modern design tools and best practices for 2022
- The skills to convert your designs into actual websites or apps using HTML and CSS
Along the way, you are going to go through the full design process and design an actual product for a company that you will be able to add to your portfolio. We pretty much cover it all so that the next time you are in charge of designing a product, you have the step by step outline and guide you’ll need.
The topics covered in this design course are (we told you this is the best, most comprehensive design course online)...
- 0️⃣ Web & Mobile Design Principles + Design vs Web Development
- 1️⃣ GETTING STARTED – Sketching, Inspiration + Structure
- 1. Sketching
- Intro to sketching
- Sketching UX flows
- Sketching tips
- 2. Inspiration
- How to stay inspired
- How to find inspiration online
- 3. User Flows
- What are user flows?
- The do’s and don’ts
- Speeding up your workflow with components
- Creating your own user flows: Registration (Part 1)
- Creating your own user flows: Search (Part 2)
- Creating your own user flows: Checkout (Part 3)
- 4. Sitemaps
- An intro to sitemaps
- Creating a basic sitemap
- What you should be doing before you start
- Creating a sitemap (Part 1)
- Creating a sitemap (Part 2)
- Tips for getting started
- 2️⃣ EXPLORE AND ITERATE – Wireframes, Prototyping and Feedback
- 1. Wireframes
- What is a wireframe?
- How do I create a wireframe?
- Speeding up your workflow in Figma
- Creating a home page
- Creating a product page
- Creating a checkout page
- 2. Prototyping
- Prototyping basics in Figma (Device + Triggers)
- Prototyping basics in Figma (Actions)
- Prototyping basics in Figma (Overflow)
- Prototyping basics in Figma (Presentation + Collaboration)
- Linking together a quick user flow in Figma
- Working on small interactions with Figma
- 3. Getting feedback
- Why is feedback so important?
- How to get constructive feedback
- 3️⃣ VISUAL DESIGN – Design Theory + Accessibility
- 1. Grids + Spacing
- Spacing and Grid Basics
- Responsive Grids in Figma
- Creating your own grid in Figma
- The rules of the grid
- 2. Typography
- Typography basics (Part 1)
- Matching typefaces to an era
- Typography basics (Part 2)
- Selecting the right typeface
- Typography basics (Part 3)
- Picking a typeface
- Does your typeface suit your scenario?
- Expanding an existing type system
- Choosing typefaces in Google Fonts
- Narrowing down your typography choices
- Creating a type system in Figma
- 3. Color
- Color schemes
- Important questions to ask before picking colors
- Helpful tips for creating color palettes
- Creating a monochromatic color palette
- Applying your simple color palette
- Expanding a strict color palette
- Creating your own color palette
- 4. Forms + UI Elements
- What are UI Elements?
- Best Practices Part 1: Forms
- Best Practices Part 2: Inputs (Part 1)
- Best Practices Part 2: Inputs (Part 2)
- Best Practices Part 2: Inputs (Part 3)
- Best Practices Part 2: Inputs (Part 4)
- Best Practices Part 3: Buttons
- How to create components in Figma
- Using atomic elements in Figma
- Using Instances in Figma
- Editing instances to create new components
- Using constraints to create responsive components
- Creating a registration form in Figma
- 5. Imagery + Iconography
- Resources and techniques to create great visual assets
- Working with photos in Figma (Part 1)
- Working with photos in Figma (Part 2)
- Working with illustrations in Figma
- Using Figma plugins to find Icons quickly
- Creating your very own custom icons
- 6. Accessibility
- What is accessibility?
- Assistive technologies
- Visual patterns for accessibility (Part 1)
- Tools to make your design accessible
- Visual patterns for accessibility (Part 2)
- 4️⃣ DESIGN EXPLORATION – Application Design + Design Systems
- 1. Design Patterns
- What are design patterns?
- Why are design patterns valuable?
- How to apply design patterns
- Analyzing design patterns together
- Dissecting and choosing design patterns together
- 2. Mobile Design
- Mobile design best practices (Part 1)
- Mobile design best practices (Part 2)
- 3. Applying Visual Design
- Design Fidelity
- Style Exploration (Navigation)
- Style Exploration (Cards)
- Style Exploration (Interests)
- Style Exploration (New Elements)
- 4. Motion
- The importance of motion
- The purpose of motion
- Intro to Smart Animate
- Showcasing the power of Smart Animate
- 5. Microinteractions
- What are microinteractions?
- Why are microinteractions so important?
- Creating your own microinteractions (Part 1)
- Creating your own microinteractions (Part 2)
- Using Figmotion (Part 1)
- Using Figmotion (Part 2)
- 5️⃣ PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER – Using our Design System and Hi-Fi prototyping with Figma
- 1. Design Systems
- What is a design system?
- Foundation (Color)
- Foundation (Grids and Spacing)
- Foundation (Typography)
- Foundation (Iconography)
- Components (Buttons)
- Components (Inputs)
- Components (Cards)
- Recipes (Card Layouts)
- Recipes (Search)
- Recipes (Orders)
- 2. Final Compositions
- Using our design system (Search)
- Using our design system (Product Description)
- Using our design system (Cart)
- Using our design system (Checkout)
- 3. Working with Developers
- Why is handoff so important?
- Collaboration in Figma
- 6️⃣ FROM FIGMA TO WEBSITE (take a Figma design and convert it to a live website using HTML and CSS)
- 7️⃣ HTML + HTML5
- 8️⃣ CSS + CSS3 - CSS basics, CSS Grid, Flexbox, CSS Animations
- 9️⃣ PUTTING YOUR WEBSITE ONLINE
This course is not about making you just watch along without understanding the principles so that when you are done with the course you don’t know what to do other than watch another tutorial. No! This course will push you and challenge you to go from an absolute beginner to someone that is a top designer that can get hired by world-class companies and allow you to charge a lot of money for your time!
Design is a valuable skill that doesn’t get outdated easily like many technical skills. Trends change, but the skills and fundamentals you learn in this course will take you many years into the future.
When is the best time to begin? It's today! By taking that first step right now, you are that much closer to developing the skills that will get you hired and closer to your dream career.
Click Start Learning Now and we'll see you inside the course!
Answers to (at least some of) your questions
Are there any prerequisites for this course?
- Absolutely no prior knowledge needed. We teach you and show you everything from scratch… Zero to Mastery!
- Get ready to fall in love with Design and making everything you touch into beautiful projects for the rest of your life!
Who is this course for?
- You are a complete beginner and want to become a successful designer or freelancer
- You want to get hired as a Web Designer, Mobile Designer, UI/UX Designer
- You are a designer who is looking to learn modern design skills and tools and charge more for your work
- You are a web developer or mobile developer and want to improve your design skills or learn from scratch so that you can add another valuable skill to your toolbelt
- You want to learn about the latest CSS3 features like Flexbox, CSS Grid and CSS Variables as well as HTML5
Do you provide a certificate of completion?
We definitely do and they are quite nice. You will also be able to add Zero To Mastery Academy to the education section of your LinkedIn profile to help you stand out.
Can I use the course projects in my portfolio?
Yes, you’d be crazy not to in our slightly biased opinion! All projects are downloadable and ready to use the minute you join. Many of our students tell us the projects they built while following along with our courses were what got them interviews and because they built the projects themselves, they could confidently explain and walk through their work during the interview. You know what that means? Job offer!
Can I download the videos?
Definitely. You can download any and all lessons for personal use. We do everything we can to make learning easy, fun, and accessible whether that’s on your commute, on a flight, or you just have limited access to good wifi.
Still have more questions specific to the Academy membership? No problem, head to the bottom of this page.
Live the life you want, starting now
Learning to code and becoming a developer provides endless opportunities to live the life you want. Whether that’s a high paying job with a world-class tech company, working remotely or building your own apps, the ZTM Academy will equip you with the skills and knowledge to achieve your dreams.
Our courses walk you through the entire journey of starting to learn to code to having a successful career as a developer. Along the way, you’ll not only be supported by Andrei, Daniel and course TAs but also your peers in the exclusive Zero To Mastery community.
Join now to take the first step to change your life.