The Complete Web Developer in 2020: Zero to Mastery
What you'll learn
- ✓Build 10+ real world Web Development projects you can show off
- ✓Learn best practices to write clean, performant, and bug free code
- ✓Work as a freelance Web Developer
- ✓Learn React + Redux to build rich front end applications
- ✓Build a complex image recognition app using everything we learn in the course
- ✓Use Express, SQL and PostgreSQL to create fullstack applications that scale
- ✓Learn modern technologies that are ACTUALLY being used behind tech companies in 2020
- ✓Build a professional Portfolio Website
- ✓Master modern Web Development fundamentals as well as advanced topics
- ✓Build your own full stack websites and applications
- ✓Become a professional Web Developer and get hired
- ✓Learn to implement user authentication
- ✓Master fundamental concepts in Web Development
Meet your instructor
Hi! I'm Andrei.
Senior Software Developer turned Instructor, Founder of ZTM
Andrei is the instructor of some of the highest rated programming courses on the web. Some of his students (200,000+ in the past 2 years) now work for some of the biggest tech companies around the world like Apple, Google, Amazon, Tesla, IBM and UNIQLO.
He has worked as a Senior Software Developer in Silicon Valley and Toronto for many years and is now taking all that he has learned to teach programming skills and to help you discover the amazing career opportunities that being a developer allows in life.
Don't take our word for it
You're not just getting a bootcamp course here. You're getting a great educational experience and also becoming a part of a wonderful community which pushes that education even further.
Andrei is a great teacher! All the course information is perfectly structured and explained in clear and simple terms. Tons of useful references, great support, and timely corrections and updates. Really easy to follow the instructions for all platforms (Mac, PC, Linux). Definitely recommend the course!
This course content is so valuable that I feel that the knowledge I have attained from this course has more worth than my 2 degrees combined. This course is very special and in some ways life-changing. Andrei's teaching is fun and refreshing. This course is complete and always being updated to the latest trends of the Tech industry. This was the best investment I ever made for an online course.
This course was absolutely amazing! Andrei helped me learn the concepts of web development and new libraries, frameworks, etc. by working on actual projects. It is always great seeing what I learn come to life. I am so much more confident in my skills and career now, thanks Andrei!
This course has great content, it is well structured and is updated timely. Andrei is truly passionate about web development and explains everything clearly. I would recommend this course to anyone who wants to know web dev in and out and expand their coding skills.
Why Zero To Mastery is right for you
With so many online resources available, it can be paralyzing not only figuring out where to start but more importantly which courses will actually teach you the skills you need to get hired.
That’s why the Zero To Mastery Academy exists, to provide industry-leading courses and content to teach you the relevant skills you need to advance your career and get you hired at some of the top companies in the world.
Join now to get complete access to this course and all others for only $22/month.
To make sure this course is a good fit for you, you can start learning for free right now with over 1 hour of free lessons.
- Critical Render Path (3:57)
- Exercise File: Code-Along Images
- Flexbox (8:25)
- Optional Exercise: Flexbox Froggy
- CSS 3 (8:14)
- Optional Exercise: Mastering Transitions and Transforms
- Responsive UI (1:39)
- Image Gallery Files
- Exercise: Robot Animation (0:52)
- Exercise: Robot Animation Starter Files
- Solution: Robot Animation
- Optional Exercise: CSS
- Bootstrap Introduction (3:59)
- Bootstrap 4 (8:51)
- Bootstrap 4 Grid (5:18)
- Free Resources For Our Project
- Exercise: Startup Landing Page (0:54)
- Exercise: Startup Landing Page 2 (3:58)
- Exercise: Startup Landing Page 3 (8:23)
- Exercise: Startup Landing Page 4 (8:25)
- Exercise: Startup Landing Page 5 (11:33)
- Exercise: Adding Email Subscribe Form With MailChimp (9:21)
- Quick Note: Upcoming Videos
- Exercise: Putting Your Website Online (5:48)
- Exercise: Putting Your Website Online 2 (2:50)
- Quick Note: Upcoming Video
- DEVELOPER FUNDAMENTALS: IV (7:15)
- Using Templates (3:18)
- Resources for FREE Templates
- Startup Landing Pages by Students
- Section Overview (1:50)
- CSS Grid vs Flexbox vs Bootstrap (4:40)
- Quick Note: Upcoming Video
- CSS Grid 1 (7:55)
- CSS Grid 2 (4:14)
- CSS Grid 3 (6:25)
- CSS Grid 4 (7:07)
- CSS Grid 5 (1:56)
- Optional Exercise: CSS Grid
- Exercise: CSS Layout (3:37)
- Solution: Navigation Bar (8:37)
- Solution: Navigation Bar 2 (4:22)
- Solution: Cover (4:41)
- Solution: Project Grid + Footer (8:54)
- Quick Note: Upcoming Video
- Solution: Prettify (6:59)
- The Truth About CSS (3:51)
- Exercise: Number, String, Boolean, Comparisons
- Variables (15:09)
- Exercise: Variables
- Exercise: Make A Calculator
- Control Flow (16:36)
- Exercise: Make A Keyless Car
- Functions (23:53)
- Exercise: Make A Keyless Car Even Better
- Data Structures: Arrays (13:06)
- Exercise: Arrays
- Data Structures: Objects (15:25)
- Exercise: Objects And Arrays For Facebook App
- Exercise: Build Facebook (11:16)
- Loops (22:22)
- Exercise: Build Facebook 2 (8:02)
- Section Outline Document
- Scope (10:25)
- Exercise: Scope
- Advanced Control Flow (11:41)
- Exercise: Advanced Control Flow
- ES5 and ES6 (26:42)
- Exercise: ES5 and ES6
- Advanced Functions (20:05)
- Exercise: Advanced Functions
- Advanced Arrays (16:40)
- Exercise: Advanced Arrays
- Advanced Objects (24:51)
- Quick Note: Upcoming Videos
- Pass By Value vs Pass By Reference (17:06)
- Type Coercion (9:02)
- Exercise: Advanced Objects
- ES7 (ES2016) (3:06)
- Exercise: ES7
- ES8 (ES2017) (9:19)
- Exercise: ES8
- Note: ES9 + ES8 Async Await
- ES10 (ES2019) (16:49)
- Exercise: ES10
- Advanced Loops (12:04)
- Exercise: Advanced Loops
- Debugging (8:23)
- Modules (13:19)
- Resources: Modules
- Introduction To React.js (12:21)
- Quick Note: CRA Growing Pains
- create-react-app (11:50)
- create-react-app 2 (5:55)
- create-react-app 3 (2:11)
- Quick Note: Class vs Functional App.js (3:23)
- Code From Previous Video
- Your First React Component (20:13)
- Building A React App 1 (16:03)
- React.Fragment and Semantic HTML
- Building A React App 2 (9:47)
- Building A React App 3 (26:35)
- Styling Your React App (4:59)
- Building A React App 4 (15:30)
- Building A React App 5 (8:53)
- Building A React App 6 (9:05)
- Project Files
- Keeping Your Projects Up To Date (8:30)
- React Review (2:34)
- Error Boundary In React (8:11)
- Deploying Our React App (5:10)
- Quick Note About Redux
- State management (7:12)
- Why Redux? (11:39)
- Installing Redux (5:45)
- Redux Actions and Reducers (13:44)
- Redux Store and Provider (8:35)
- Redux connect() (16:31)
- Redux Middleware (8:45)
- Redux Async Actions (29:27)
- Redux Project Structures (4:54)
- Popular Tool For React + Redux (7:41)
- Project Files - Redux
- Introduction To Node.js (5:59)
- Latest Version of Node.js
- For Windows Users
- Running script.js In Node (3:05)
- Modules In Node (4:22)
- ES6 Modules In Node
- Types of Modules (5:10)
- Building a Server (8:25)
- Introduction to Express.js (8:57)
- Express Middleware (2:59)
- Express Version Update
- Postman (8:13)
- Quick Note: req.header
- RESTful APIs (11:22)
- Node File System Module (20:11)
- Exercise: Santa's Node Helper (4:02)
- Exercise Resources: Santa's Node Helper
- Solution: Santa's Node Helper (20:51)
- Setting Up Our Server (10:20)
- /signin and /register (18:30)
- /profile/:id and /image (10:05)
- Quick Note: Bcrypt (1:59)
- Storing User Passwords (11:21)
- Resource: Storing User Passwords Securely
- Connecting To Our Front-End (21:07)
- Resource: CORS
- Registering Users (11:28)
- Note: Code Change From Last Video
- User Profile Update (8:59)
- Project Files: Github
- Introduction To Databases (10:54)
- Installing PostgreSQL (6:53)
- For Windows Users
- Resources: Installing PostgreSQL
- SQL: Create Table (5:15)
- SQL: Insert Into + Select (4:33)
- SQL: Alter Table + Update (4:12)
- SQL: Conditional Selections (3:32)
- SQL: Functions (1:59)
- Joining Tables Part 1 (7:07)
- Joining Tables Part 2 (5:01)
- SQL: Delete From + Drop Table (1:42)
- Exercises: SQL Commands
- Code Review (23:22)
- Quick Note: Updated API
- Security Review (19:10)
- Environmental Variables (7:13)
- Exercise: Deploying To Production
- Deploying On Heroku (18:58)
- Quick Note: Troubleshooting Next Video
- Deploying To Heroku Part 2 (10:40)
- Deploying To Heroku Part 3 (1:50)
- NPM Serve
- Deploying To Heroku Part 4 (7:11)
- Project Files: Github
Updated for 2020! Join thousands of other students taking this course taught by an industry expert that has worked both in Silicon Valley and Toronto. Graduates of Andrei’s courses are now working at Google, Amazon, Apple, IBM, Tesla, Facebook and other top tech companies.
This is the tutorial you've been looking for to become a modern Web Developer in 2020. It doesn’t just cover a small portion of the industry. This covers everything you need to know to get hired—from absolute zero knowledge to being able to put things on your resume that will allow you to live the life you want.
Sound too good to be true? Give me 5 minutes of your time to explain why I built this web development course and why it's different than thousands of other courses on the internet:
- I update the course every month to make sure you learn the most up-to-date skills. There is no wasted time here. We won’t be using outdated technologies like PHP, Wordpress and JQuery. Although still useful, outdated technologies like the above are low-paying and demands for them are decreasing. In this course, you'll learn the specific technologies that are the most in-demand in the industry right now. These include tools and technologies used by the biggest tech companies like Google, Facebook, Instagram etc. It’s geared specifically for people that want to learn employable skills in 2020.
- After finishing this course, you'll be able to apply for developer roles, get a promotion, or upgrade your job title as a developer and earn a higher salary. We won't be taking any shortcuts in this course. You are going to go from absolute zero, where you learn how the internet works, to mastery, where you build an image recognition app using a Machine Learning API (a subset of Artificial Intelligence) and all the other modern technologies that we learn in the course. Most students have commented how the projects in this course have impressed their interviewers and allowed them to get an offer.
- This course is taught by an instructor who has worked in Silicon Valley and one of the top tech companies in Toronto. I have built large-scale applications as well as managed teams of developers. I am not an online marketer or a salesman, but a software developer who has worked directly with these technologies. I love programming and believe that there needs to be a course out there that actually teaches valuable real-life skills (because most of them are taught by teachers with no work experience).
- Your time is valuable and you don't want to spend thousands of dollars on a bootcamp. You want a course that outlines the best way to become a Web Developer, in simple and well explained terms, so that you fully understand topics instead of watching somebody on your screen and having no clue what is going on. I have taken the best pieces, tools, and practices that I have found over the years, and condensed everything into this course. 50 hours of videos doesn't mean much if the instructor isn't engaging or focuses on outdated topics. I made sure that everything covered in this course is efficient and focuses on getting you job ready as soon as possible!
- We have a thriving online community so you really feel like you are part of a classroom and not just watching videos by yourself. You will have a chance to communicate with fellow students, work on group projects together, and contribute to open source projects. Anytime you have a question, you can ask in many locations and get help right away (including from myself).
The course is designed to give you employable skills so you can get a job. Here is what one student recently wrote after taking the course and being hired right away:
"I’m a self taught dev, who has been out of work for ~6 months. I had some family things that came up that prevented me from seeking permanent employment, so for awhile I was Postmates/Uber delivery driver.
After taking this course, I immediately got catapulted back to where I was before, but better equipped and with the knowledge to take on the next job. I had just finished the React section when I went to a recent interview, and it really helped me excel. As of today, I am officially re-employed back in the field, and it is all thanks to this course. I had a blast creating the final project, and FINALLY got around to learning SQL statements, and getting to use them in a project. I’m really ecstatic that Andrei went with teaching relational databases over something like MongoDB, which can also be fun, but is less practical for use on the job. So thanks Andrei , I really enjoyed the course and will be making sure to share it with others who find it helpful. I’m also looking forward to the new ES10 content that was recently added, and going through the DB stuff again when I go to build a personal project." - J.C.
Think of this course like a Web Developer bootcamp. By the end, you will be comfortable using the below skills and you will be able to put them on your resume:
- Responsive Design
- CSS Grid
- Bootstrap 4
- DOM Manipulation
- React + Redux
- Git + Github
- Command Line
- RESTful API Design
- Scalable Infrastructure
- Production and Deployment
You will be taken through online videos and exercises where you will be able to do the following things by the end:
- Build real complex applications and websites
- Build an image recognition app so you can add it to your portfolio
- Go into a job interview confident that you understand the fundamental building blocks of web development and the developer trends in 2020
- Be able to go off on your own and grow your skills as a developer, having built a solid foundation
- Learn how frontend, servers, and databases communicate and how they all fit together in the eco system
- Build your own startup landing page
- Go off and work remotely by being a freelance developer that can bid on projects
This course is the accumulation of all of my years working in the industry, learning, and teaching. There is so much information out there, so many opinions, and so many ways of doing things, that unless you have spent the last few years working with these technologies in a company, you will never fully understand. So this course is the answer to that exact problem for you: How to gain experience when you need experience to get hired? I have gone through thousands of coding books, online tutorials and bootcamps. Throughout the years I have taken notes on what has worked and what hasn't, and I have created this course to narrow down the most efficient way to learn with the most relevant information.
I am 100% confident that you won't find a course like this out there. We're not going to be building simple to-do applications and cat image sliders. We are going to learn actual practical skills that will put you into the workforce. Some unique sections that you won't find anywhere else are:
- React.js + Redux: You will learn the library that companies like Netflix, Facebook and Instagram use to build fast, scalable applications. This is one of the highest in-demand skill in the industry.
- A day in the life of a developer: What will your day to day look like and what tools will you use? I will take you through a sample day at a tech company.
- How does the internet actually work? What is the history of these technologies?: You will actually understand the underlying concepts of the internet, and how the technologies we have now, have come to be where they are.
- How do you actually deploy a real life app so that it is secure, and won't get hacked?: How does a real life app get out to the public in a safe and secure way?
- What is Machine Learning and how you can harness its power: Whether you have heard about it or not, this is something that you will hear more and more in the coming years. Those who understand the high level concepts and can harness its power will have an advantage.
- What does your developer environment on your computer look like?: We will be setting up our computers with all the tools necessary of a developer so you can use the same setup when you go work in the industry.
Make this the year that you took a risk, you learned highly in-demand skills, you had new experiences, and you received new opportunities. I hope you join me in this journey.
This is the proudest work I have ever done in my life and I am confident that you won't find a course better than this.
See you inside the course!
Answers to (at least some of) your questions
Are there any prerequisites for this course?
A computer (Windows/Mac/Linux). That's it! No previous coding experience is needed. All tools and software used in this course will be free.
Who is this course for?
- You want to learn to code and build websites and web apps
- You are looking to start a career in Web Development
- You know HTML and CSS but want to expand your skills and do more
- You want to start your own business or become a freelancer
- You want to learn REAL industry skills that are necessary in 2020 to get hired as a web developer and earn a higher salary
- You want one course to teach you everything in one place from a senior developer that works in the industry
Do you provide a certificate of completion?
We definitely do.
Can I use the course projects in my portfolio?
Yes, you’d be crazy not to in our slightly biased opinion! All projects are downloadable and ready to use the minute you join. Many of our students tell us the projects they built while following along with our courses were what got them interviews and because they built the projects themselves, they could confidently explain and walk through their work during the interview. You know what that means? Job offer!
Can I download the videos?
Definitely. You can download any and all lessons for personal use. We do everything we can to make learning easy, fun, and accessible whether that’s on your commute, on a flight, or you just have limited access to good wifi.
How long does it usually take for me to build something and get hired?
Ultimately you’re the only can that can control that. However, while everyone learns at a different pace, students who put in a couple hours each day to apply what they’ve learned should be able to confidently build their own projects and start interviewing in 3-6 months. We don’t see just getting hired as the end goal though. Our advanced courses will also teach you the topics and skills you need to get promoted or hired as a senior developer.
Still have more questions specific to the Academy membership? No problem, head to the bottom of this page.
Live the life you want, starting now
Learning to code and becoming a developer provides endless opportunities to live the life you want. Whether that’s a high paying job with a world-class tech company, working remotely or building your own apps, the ZTM Academy will equip you with the skills and knowledge to achieve your dreams.
Our courses walk you through the entire journey of starting to learn to code to having a successful career as a developer. Along the way, you’ll not only be supported by Andrei, Yihua and course TAs but also your peers in the exclusive Zero To Mastery community.
Join now to take the first step to change your life.