DevOps Bootcamp: Learn Linux & Become a Linux Sysadmin
This DevOps Bootcamp will take you from an absolute beginner in Linux to getting hired as a confident and effective Linux System Administrator.
What you'll learn
- ✓Everything you need to become a professional Linux Sysadmin and get hired
- ✓Learn how to set up the Linux environment (installing both Ubuntu and CentOS in a virtual machine)
- ✓For each Linux key concept or command, you'll also get a cheatsheet, quiz and practice exercises
- ✓Understanding of Linux File Permissions, Processes, User Account Management, Linux Networking or Software Management
- ✓Acquire a solid foundation of Netfilter/Iptables Linux Firewall (Chains, Tables, Matches, Targets)
- ✓Master all of the key concepts and commands in Linux starting from scratch. No prior Linux knowledge is required
- ✓Build a complete understanding of Linux OS (Distribution Independent) as a complete beginner
- ✓Network Security & Ethical Hacking Key Concepts (Reconnaissance, Sniffing, Iptables Firewall and more)
- ✓Ability to actually apply a deep understanding of Linux on real-world projects
Meet your instructor
DevOps Engineer & Instructor
Andrei Dumitrescu is a Senior Network & Software Engineer with 15+ years of experience and over 50,000+ students have taken at least one of his top-rated courses.
Andrei has a strong belief in freedom and equality of economic opportunities for people across borders, no matter their social status. So his goal as a Zero To Mastery Academy instructor is to teach you the skills you need to live a fulfilling and rewarding life.
Why Zero To Mastery is right for you
With so many online resources available, it can be paralyzing not only figuring out where to start but more importantly which courses will actually teach you the skills you need to get hired.
That’s why the Zero To Mastery Academy exists, to provide industry-leading courses and content to teach you the relevant skills you need to advance your career and get you hired at some of the top companies in the world.
Join now to get complete access to this course and all others for only $23/month.
We want you to make sure this course is a good fit for you. So start learning for free right now by clicking the PREVIEW links below.
We guarantee you that this is the most comprehensive and up-to-date DevOps Bootcamp that you can find to learn and master Linux, from scratch. Sure, other Linux sysadmin training courses and youtube videos can teach you the basics. But this course will ensure you actually retain what you're learning by giving you the chance to apply Linux in real-world scenarios with quizzes and challenges at the end of each section. You will also get hands-on experience by configuring a Linux Server from scratch in the cloud.
Linux powers the internet. It’s everywhere. From the smallest to the biggest companies like Amazon, Microsoft, SpaceX, they’re all using Linux on their backend. This course isn't just for those that want to become Linux Sysadmins. It's for anyone that realizes that at some point, they will have to work with Linux in their career and wants to expand their skillset and make an investment in their career.
This course is NOT like any other Linux Administration course you can take online. By the end of this course, you will have the skills to get hired as an effective Linux System Engineer or Administrator.
This DevOps Bootcamp and Linux Administration course covers every major topic, including all important Linux commands, the Linux Filesystem, File Permissions, Process Management, User Account Management, Software Management, Networking in Linux, System Administration, Bash Scripting, Iptables/Netfilter Firewall, Linux Security and many more.
Graduates of Zero To Mastery are now working at Google, Tesla, Amazon, Apple, IBM, JP Morgan, Facebook, Shopify + other top tech companies. This could be you.
By enrolling today, you’ll also get to join our exclusive live online community classroom to learn alongside thousands of students, alumni, mentors, TAs and Instructors. Most importantly, you will be learning from an industry expert that has 15+ years of actual real-world experience working with Linux as a DevOps Engineer.
Do you want to learn a new valuable skill, get hired, get a promotion, or simply prepare for the future? Well, then this course is for you!
By taking this DevOps Bootcamp, you are making one of the best investments you can make in your tech career.
This course is taught by me, Andrei, a Senior Network Engineer and Professional Trainer. Why should you learn from me?
- I'm a Practitioner and an Enthusiast. Welcome to the real world! I’ve been using Linux for the last 15 years in real-world projects. I’m not just a random guy that teaches Linux Administration. Just imagine that during this time I’ve learned and applied more and more almost on a daily basis. And now I’m sharing everything with you.
- I'm an Educator and I know how to make a Syllabus. I know exactly what is important and what is not. For the last 10 years, I've trained thousands of people on Linux Administration, Security, Networking, and Programming.
- You'll learn not only some commands and tools but also how to combine them for real-world jobs.
The topics covered in this DevOps & Linux Bootcamp course are:
- Setting Up the Environment (installing both Ubuntu and CentOS)
- The Linux Terminal In-Depth
- The Linux File System
- Absolute vs. Relative Paths. Walking through the File System (pwd, cd, tree)
- The LS Command In-Depth (ls)
- Understanding File Timestamps: atime, mtime, ctime (stat, touch, date)
- Viewing Files (cat, less, more, tail, head, watch)
- Creating Files and Directories (touch, mkdir)
- Copying, Moving, Renaming, and Deleting Files and Directories (cp, mv, rm, shred)
- Working With Pipes in Linux (|, wc)
- Command Redirection (>, >>, 2> &>, cut, tee)
- Finding Files and Directories (locate, find, which)
- Find and Exec
- Searching for String Patterns (grep, strings)
- Comparing Files (cmp, diff, sha256)
- The VIM Editor In-Depth
- Compressing and Archiving Files and Directories (tar, gzip, bzip2)
- Hard and Symbolic Links. The Inode Structure
- User Accounts Management
- Understanding passwd and shadow files
- Understanding Linux Groups (groups, id)
- Creating, Changing, and Removing User Accounts User Accounts (useradd, usermod, userdel)
- Group Management (groupadd, groupdel, groupmod)
- User Account Monitoring (whoami, who am i, who, id, w, uptime, last)
- Linux File Permissions
- Octal (Numeric) Notation of File Permissions
- Changing File Permissions (chmod)
- Changing File Ownership (chown, chgrp)
- Understanding SUID (Set User ID), SGID (Set Group ID), and the Sticky Bit
- Understanding Files Attributes (lsattr, chattr)
- Linux Process Management
- Processes and The Linux Security Model
- Listing Processes (ps, pstree, top, htop)
- Signals and Killing Processes (kill, pkill, killall, pidof)
- Foreground and Background Processes
- Job Control (jobs, fg, bg)
- Networking on Linux
- Getting Information and configuring the Network Interfaces (ip, ifconfig, route)
- Setting Up Static IP on Ubuntu (netplan)
- Testing and Troubleshooting Network Connectivity
- Using, Troubleshooting, and Securing SSH (sshd)
- Copying Files Over the Network (scp)
- Synchronizing Files and Directories using rsync
- Using wget
- Checking for Listening Ports (netstat, ss, lsof, telnet, nmap)
- Software Management
- DPKG (Debian and Ubuntu Based Distros) and APT
- DNF (RedHat Based Distros)
- Compiling Software From Source Code: Lab ProFTPD
- Linux System Administration
- Task Automation and Scheduling Using Cron (crontab) and Anacron
- Mounting and Unmounting File Systems (df, mount, umount, fdisk, gparted)
- Working With Device Files (dd)
- Getting System Hardware Information (lwhw, lscpu, lsusb, lspci, dmidecode, hdparm)
- Service Management (systemd and systemctl)
- Bash Shell Scripting
- Security: Information Gathering and Sniffing Traffic
- Security: Netfilter/Iptables Firewall
- Security: SSH PKI & SSH Hardening
This course is not about making you just code along without understanding the principles so that when you are done with the course you don’t know what to do other than watch another tutorial... No!
This course will push you and challenge you to go from an absolute beginner in Linux and DevOps to someone that is a confident and effective Linux Sysadmin 💪.
Click Start Learning Now to join the Academy and we'll see you inside the course!
Answers to (at least some of) your questions
Are there any prerequisites for this course?
- A computer (Windows, Mac, or Linux) with an internet connection. That's it!
- No prior Linux knowledge is required. You will learn everything from scratch
- A willingness and enthusiasm to learn
- This course is primarily at beginners. While you will learn some more advanced topics as well, this course might not be for you if you already have more than a few years of Linux experience
Who is this DevOps Bootcamp for?
- Anyone who wants to gain a complete and practical understanding of the Linux Operating System and Linux Command Line
- Anyone who wants to go from complete beginner to getting hired as a Linux Sysadmin
- Anyone with some Linux experience that wants to fill in gaps to become an effective System Administrator
- Students who are interested in going beyond all of the "beginner" tutorials out there that don't give you real-world practice or skills you need to actually get hired
- Any tech professionals that want to invest in their career by expanding their skillset and become more valuable and effective in their career
- Application support engineers or developers that are required to use the Linux operating system
- You want to learn from an actual DevOps Engineer that not only has 15+ years of experience working for companies of all sizes as a Linux System Administrator but has also trained over 50,000 students in-person and online
Do you provide a certificate of completion?
We definitely do and they are quite nice. You will also be able to add Zero To Mastery Academy to the education section of your LinkedIn profile to help you stand out.
Can I use the course project in my portfolio?
Yes, you’d be crazy not to! Many of our students tell us the projects they built while following along with our courses were what got them interviews and because they built the projects themselves, they could confidently explain and walk through their work during the interview. You know what that means? Job offer!
Can I download the videos?
Definitely. You can download any and all lessons for personal use. We do everything we can to make learning easy, fun, and accessible whether that’s on your commute, on a flight or if you just have limited access to good wifi.
How long will it take for me to get hired?
Ultimately you’re the only can that can control that. Everyone learns at a different pace, but students who put in a couple hours each day to apply what they’ve learned have been able to confidently build their own projects and get hired within 6 months.
We don’t see just getting hired as the end goal though. Our intermediate and advanced courses will also teach you the topics and skills you need to build more complex projects, advanced your career and even get promoted.
Still have more questions specific to the Academy membership? No problem, scroll to the bottom of this page.
Live the life you want, starting now
Learning to code and becoming a developer provides endless opportunities to live the life you want. Whether that’s a high paying job with a world-class tech company, working remotely or building your own apps, the ZTM Academy will equip you with the skills and knowledge to achieve your dreams.
Ou courses walk you through the entire journey of starting to learn to code to having a successful career in tech. Along the way, you’ll not only be supported by Andrei, other ZTM Instructors and course TAs but also your peers in the exclusive Zero To Mastery community.
Join now to take the first step to change your life.