The Complete Junior to Senior Web Developer Roadmap (2021)
Go from Junior Developer to Senior Developer. Learn all the technical skills Senior Web Developers know in 2021!
What you'll learn
- ✓ You will no longer be or feel like a Junior Developer
- ✓ Learn the technologies that are being used behind the biggest tech companies in 2021
- ✓ Have a full featured image recognition app to put onto your portfolio that will wow any employer
- ✓ Lead technical projects as a Senior Developer
- ✓ Master advanced and modern fundamental concepts in web development
Meet your instructor
Senior Software Developer turned Instructor, Founder of ZTM
Andrei is the instructor of some of the highest rated programming courses on the web. Some of his students (500,000+ in the past few years) now work for some of the biggest tech companies around the world like Apple, Google, Amazon, Tesla, IBM, Shopify and many more.
He has worked as a Senior Software Developer in Silicon Valley and Toronto for many years and is now taking all that he has learned to teach programming skills and to help you discover the amazing career opportunities that being a developer allows in life.
Don't take our word for it
I’ve been offered my first Web Developer job with a fantastic company (Powster)! A big thank you to @AndreiNeagoie for your excellent course, wonderful teaching skills, lovely personality and your great ZTM community.
Want to be a solid developer? Take this course. Andrei guides you through the core concepts you must to know if you want to take your skills to the next level.
One of the most comprehensive and intense courses I've ever taken. I really loved Andrei's teaching style and his thinking process when starting a new project. Now, I understand the difference between a Junior and Senior Developer and I have a great understanding of the big picture, what technologies to use and how to choose and pick the right tool for the job so that I can improve the performance and maximize the efficiency of my application. Thank you, Andrei!
Great course. It definitely goes through a great deal of aspects one would need in the professional world. If there are people who, like me, felt overwhelmed in their work environment when they first started working as developers, realizing how many core concepts they were lacking, this course is perfect for them.
Great course. Having worked as a software developer for almost 5 years, 3 years in web development (Frontend 2, Full stack 1) and 2 years in desktop application development (Java), I still learned a lot. Really liked that the course puzzles together so many aspects of web development into a whole picture. And the instructor explains everything well and with much enthusiasm, making it a lot of fun to follow along.
Why Zero To Mastery is right for you
With so many online resources available, it can be paralyzing not only figuring out where to start but more importantly which courses will actually teach you the skills you need to get hired.
That’s why the Zero To Mastery Academy exists, to provide industry-leading courses and content to teach you the relevant skills you need to advance your career and get you hired at some of the top companies in the world.
Join now to get complete access to this course and all others for only $23/month.
To make sure this course is a good fit for you, you can start learning for free right now with over 1 hour of free lessons. Click the PREVIEW links below.
We guarantee you that you won't find a course that is as comprehensive, up to date, and better quality than this tutorial. You will be guided in your journey to become an admired and respected Senior Developer.
Graduates of Zero To Mastery courses are now working at Google, Tesla, Amazon, Apple, IBM, JP Morgan, Facebook + other top tech companies. This could be you.
By enrolling today, you’ll also get to join our exclusive live online community classroom to learn alongside thousands of students, alumni, mentors, TAs and Instructors. Most importantly, you will learn how to become a Senior Developer from an industry expert that has actual real-world experience having worked for top companies in both Silicon Valley and Toronto.
This is the tutorial you've been looking for if you want to break out from being a Junior Developer, level up your skills, and earn a higher salary. This extensive course covers everything you need to know, from how to advance from junior to senior developer to learning the in-demand technical skills that some of the top developers in the industry know so you can become a Senior Developer this year.
This is the hardest work I've ever done in my life and it took me months to plan, months to film, months to edit, and years of experience to create. No course like this exists out there because this is a really difficult topic to teach and to combine all of the technologies we cover into one course is a long and hard process.
By the end of this course you will have a fully functioning image recognition app to show off in your portfolio. More importantly, you will be able to implement and add the below skillsets to your resume, impress your boss, and ace your next interview (trust me, some of these may not mean anything to you now but they are topics that ALL Senior Developers know).
You will be taken from absolute zero to knowing how to:
- Use React and Redux to build complex and large applications.
- Improve performance of any web application (Code Splitting, Load Balancing, Caching, Code Optimizations, and much more)
- Use SSH on a remote linux server and generate ssh keys
- Use Webpack 4 and Parcel to set up a project and bundle your files
- Implement proper security and securing your apps like an expert
- Use AWS Lambda and Serverless architecture to manage applications that can handle millions of users
- Use Typescript on a project to have less bugs in your code
- Write all kinds of tests and learn about all the testing tools you can use to write better software
- Use Docker and docker compose to create containers for your services
- Use Sessions and JWT to manage user authentication and authorization
- Use Redis database for session management and caching
- Decide when to use Server Side Rendering vs Client Side Rendering for your projects
- Create a Progressive Web App that works offline like a native mobile app.
- Implement Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Deployment for your company and make your boss happy.
The above skillsets are exactly what Senior Developers know and can use in terms of their technical skills. Not only will you understand how to do these things, but most importantly, you will deeply understand why they exist and what problems they solve so that when asked in an interview, you can speak intelligently about them, or when asked by your boss, you can take the lead on the project and implement them.
Here is what sets this course apart from the rest:
- There is no wasted time here. We won’t be using outdated technologies that a lot of courses online use. Although still useful, outdated technologies are low-paying and demand for them is decreasing. In this course, you will learn the specific technologies that are the most in-demand in the industry right now. These include tools and technologies used by the biggest tech companies like Google, Facebook, Amazon etc. It’s geared specifically for people that want to excel in their career as a web developer in 2021.
- After finishing this course, you will be able to apply for intermediate to senior developer roles. You will no longer be a junior developer. We won't be taking any shortcuts in this course. You will be taken through everything I have learned over the many years coding while also managing projects and people for some of the largest tech firms.
- This course is taught by an instructor who has worked in Silicon Valley and one of the top tech consulting companies in Canada. I have built large-scale applications, managed projects and people, but most importantly, I have worked directly with these technologies. I am not an online marketer or a salesman. I am a Senior Software Developer who loves programming and believes that there needs to be a course out there that actually teaches valuable modern skills.
- Your time is valuable. You want a course that outlines the best way to learn the topic in a simple and well-explained way so that you fully understand the content, instead of just watching somebody else on your screen code. I have taken the best pieces, methods, both from experience as well as from other experts and condensed everything so that you can learn in the most efficient way possible. 50 hours of videos doesn't mean much if the instructor isn't engaging or is focusing on outdated topics.
- We have a thriving online community so you really feel like you are part of a classroom and not just watching videos by yourself. You will have a chance to communicate with fellow students, work on group projects together, and contribute to open source. Anytime you have a question, you can ask in the chat and someone will surely be able to help you right away including myself.
- The course is designed to level up your skills ABOVE a Junior Developer role. I've helped students who now work at some of the largest tech firms in the world as developers.
In this course, you will be taken through online videos and exercises. It will follow a storyline where you are hired by Keiko Corp. They are a fast-growing tech company that has two products which definitely need some work. Each section of the course will solve different problems for this company which mimic real life scenarios you will encounter as a Senior Developer.
You will become comfortable using the below skills and you will be able to put these on your resume:
- React + Redux
- Webpack4 + Parcel
- Node.js + Express
- Front End Performance Optimizations
- Back End Performance Optimization
- Progressive Web Apps
- Software Testing
- Server Side Rendering and Client Side Rendering
- Front End Security Optimizations
- Back End Security Optimizations
- Sessions + JWT
- Amazon Web Services ("AWS")
- Serverless Architecture
- Continuous Integration
- Continuous Delivery
- Continuous Deployment
This course is the accumulation of all of my years working, learning, and teaching coding, and all of the frustrations and incomplete information I have encountered along the way. There is so much information out there, so many opinions, and so many ways of doing things, that unless you have spent the past years working with these technologies in a company, you will never fully understand. So this course is the answer to that exact problem. I have gone through thousands of coding books and online tutorials and bootcamps and have worked and consulted on some really big projects. I have worked with these tools on real applications. Throughout the years I have taken notes on what has worked, and what hasn't and I've created this course to narrow down the best way to learn and the most relevant information for you to become a superstar web developer.
If you succeed in this course, that is my success as well. Therefore, I will be there every step of the way helping you understand concepts and answering any questions you have.
I am 100% confident that you won't find a course like this out there that will help you build the strong foundations for you to start a new career or to upgrade your skills and become a top level developer. We're not going to be building simple to-do applications and cat image sliders. We are going to learn actual practical skills that will put you above and beyond the skillset of the average developer.
Why do we teach the above? Why did we pick these tools? Because in this day and age, just being a Junior Developer won't make you happy. You want to feel important, smart, and admired at work. You want to be able to make big decisions. With this course, you will be able to grow in your role and command a higher salary. I am teaching you these topics because these are the things you should know in 2021 so that you are miles ahead of the rest, because these are the skills used by the top tech firms around the world.
Make this the year that you took a risk, learned highly in-demand skills, had new experiences, and you received new opportunities. I hope you join me in this journey.
See you inside the course!
Answers to (at least some of) your questions
Are there any prerequisites for this course?
Who is this course for?
- You don't want to be a Junior Web Developer anymore
- You want to become a Senior Developer and earn a higher salary
- You want to learn best practices and build scalable applications professionally
- You want to start your own business or become a freelancer
- You want to learn advanced industry skills that are necessary in 2021 to get hired as a web developer
- You want one course to teach you everything in one place from a Senior Developer that works in the industry
Do you provide a certificate of completion?
We definitely do.
Can I use the course projects in my portfolio?
Yes, you’d be crazy not to in our slightly biased opinion! All projects are downloadable and ready to use the minute you join. Many of our students tell us the projects they built while following along with our courses were what got them interviews and because they built the projects themselves, they could confidently explain and walk through their work during the interview. You know what that means? Job offer!
Can I download the videos?
Definitely. You can download any and all lessons for personal use. We do everything we can to make learning easy, fun, and accessible whether that’s on your commute, on a flight, or you just have limited access to good wifi.
How long does it usually take for me to build something and get hired?
Ultimately you’re the only can that can control that. However, while everyone learns at a different pace, students who put in a couple hours each day to apply what they’ve learned should be able to confidently build their own projects and start interviewing in 3-6 months. We don’t see just getting hired as the end goal though. Our advanced courses will also teach you the topics and skills you need to get promoted or hired as a senior developer.
Still have more questions specific to the Academy membership? No problem, head to the bottom of this page.
Live the life you want, starting now
Learning to code and becoming a developer provides endless opportunities to live the life you want. Whether that’s a high paying job with a world-class tech company, working remotely or building your own apps, the ZTM Academy will equip you with the skills and knowledge to achieve your dreams.
Our courses walk you through the entire journey of starting to learn to code to having a successful career as a developer. Along the way, you’ll not only be supported by Andrei, other ZTM instructors and course TAs but also your peers in the exclusive Zero To Mastery community.
Join now to take the first step to change your life.