Complete React Native Developer in 2021: Zero to Mastery [with Hooks]
The only course you need to learn React Native, build large-scale React Native iOS + Android apps from scratch & get hired as a mobile developer.
What you'll learn
- ✓Build enterprise level React Native apps and deploy to Apple App Store and Google Play Store
- ✓Learn to lead Mobile App projects by making good architecture decisions and helping others on your team
- ✓Learn the latest features in React Native including Hooks, Context API, AsyncStorage, and Animation + more
- ✓Become a top 10% React Native Developer
- ✓Set up authentication and user accounts using Firebase and Firebase Functions
- ✓Google Maps API and adding interactive maps to your projects
- ✓Build reactive, performant, large scale applications like a senior mobile app developer
- ✓Build cross platform mobile apps for iOS and Android without using Swift, Objective C, Java and Kotlin
- ✓Master the latest ecosystem of a React Native Developer from scratch
- ✓Stripe Payments (Online Payments) integration in your mobile apps
- ✓Routing with React Navigation
- ✓Using native phone capabilities like Camera and Vibration
- ✓Styled-Components and native styling to make modern and beautiful apps
Meet your instructors
Senior Software Developer turned Instructor, Founder of ZTM
Andrei is the instructor of some of the highest rated programming courses on the web. Some of his students (400,000+ in the past few years) now work for some of the biggest tech companies around the world like Apple, Google, Amazon, Tesla, IBM, Shopify and many more.
He has worked as a Senior Software Developer in Silicon Valley and Toronto for many years and is now taking all that he has learned to teach programming skills and to help you discover the amazing career opportunities that being a developer allows in life.
Solutions Architect & Instructor
Mo is a Solutions Architect with over 7 years of experience in Software Architecture and Development. Having worked as a consultant for the majority of his career, he has seen it all.
He has worked on global applications for multi-nationals, governments and Fortune 500 companies.
Mo's goal is to make sure you learn and master the foundational concepts to set you up for life-long learning and success. Software and development practices change often, but when you have the right foundation, adapting to the constant change becomes easy.
Having been a mentor to many new developers throughout his career, Mo knows what works and what doesn't and is excited to teach you and help you succeed in your career!
Why Zero To Mastery is right for you
With so many online resources available, it can be paralyzing not only figuring out where to start but more importantly which courses will actually teach you the skills you need to get hired.
That’s why the Zero To Mastery Academy exists, to provide industry-leading courses and content to teach you the relevant skills you need to advance your career and get you hired at some of the top companies in the world.
Join now to get complete access to this course and all others for only $22/month.
We want you to make sure this course is a good fit for you. So start learning for free right now by clicking the PREVIEW links below.
We guarantee you that this is the most comprehensive and up to date React Native course that you can find. You will learn React Native, build your own mobile apps (Android and iOS) and get hired as a mobile app developer in 2021!
Using the latest version of React Native, this course is focused on efficiency. Never spend time on confusing, out of date, incomplete tutorials anymore, and instead, learn to build professional and modern Android and iPhone (iOS) apps.
Graduates of Zero To Mastery are now working at Google, Tesla, Amazon, Apple, IBM, JP Morgan, Facebook, Shopify + other top tech companies. This could be you.
By enrolling today, you’ll also get to join our exclusive live online community classroom to learn alongside thousands of students, alumni, mentors, TAs and Instructors. Most importantly, you will be learning from industry experts that have actual real-world experience working with React Native, building mobile apps for large companies in Toronto And Silicon Valley.
This project based course will introduce you to all of the modern toolchain of a React Native app developer in 2021. Along the way, you will build a massive restaurant application using React, React Hooks, Expo, React Navigation, Firebase, Styled-Components, Google Maps/Places API, React Animations, Stripe Payments, + more. This is a full iOS and Android app that you'll be able to impress prospective employers with!
The curriculum is very hands on as we walk you from start to finish of releasing a professional React Native project all the way into production. We will start from the very beginning by teaching you React basics and then teach you advanced topics so you can make good decisions on architecture and tools on any of your future React Native projects.
All code is going to be provided step by step and even if you don’t like to code along, you will get access to the the full master project code so anyone signed up to the course will have their own app to put on their portfolio right away.
The topics covered are:
- React Basics
- React Native Fundamentals
- Debugging React Native
- React Navigation
- React Hooks
- Custom React Hooks
- Firebase API
- Google Maps API
- React Best Practices
- React Native Best Practices
- Persistence + Session Storage
- Android Development
- iOS Development
- Lottie Animations
- Eslint And Cleaning Up Code
- React Native AsyncStorage and Animation
- CSS in JS - Styled Components
- React Native Styling
- Installing Custom Fonts
- Device Permissions
- React Native App Layout
- Modular React Code
- Building On Expo
- Distributing App to App and Google Play Store
- Integrating Payments With Stripe API
- and more!
Wait wait… I know what you’re thinking. Why aren’t we building 10+ projects? Well, here’s the truth: most other courses and bootcamps do just that. They show you how to get started, build 10 projects that are simple and easy to build in a day, and just add some styling to make them look fancy. Will these get you hired? Unlikely.
In real-life and at your future employer, you’re not building simple, silly applications. When you apply to jobs, nobody is going to care that you built a really pretty single page app. Employers want to see that you know how to build large apps that can scale, that have good architecture, and that can be deployed to the app stores.
Let us tell you 5 reasons why this course is different from any other React Native tutorial you can find:
1️⃣ You will build the biggest project you will see in any course. This type of project would take you months to implement yourself. Let’s just say... your portfolio is definitely going to stand out compared to other applicants.
2️⃣ Learn React Native from the best. This course is taught by Mo and Andrei, two Senior Developers who have actually worked on massive projects for some of the top tech companies in the world.
Mo is a super star when it comes to React Native. He is a Solutions Architect with over 7 years of experience in Software Architecture and Development. Having worked as a consultant for the majority of his career, he has seen it all in the Mobile Development world. He is also a tech lead who has build mobile and web apps for top banks, big tech companies, and one of the biggest online e-commerce stores in the world.
Andrei has worked on enterprise level React applications for large tech firms in Silicon Valley as well as Toronto and his latest project was a React Native app for one of the biggest pharmaceutical companies in the world. 400,000+ students from around the world have now taken his courses and many are now working at places like Google, Amazon, Facebook, Shopify and Tesla.
By having both of us teach, you get to see different perspectives and you'll learn from 2 senior developers as if the 3 of us were working at a real company together.
3️⃣ This is not another free beginner React Native tutorial you can find anywhere. You will learn about design patterns, how to architect your app, organize your code, structure your folders, and how to think about performance. Let’s just say we don’t shy away from the advanced topics.
Most importantly, this React Native course will be continually updated with new lectures, resources and content as the mobile landscape evolves so that you'll continue to learn React Native best practices and keep your skills up to date 📈.
4️⃣ This course is not about making you just code along without understanding the principles so that when you are done with the course you don’t know what to do other than watch another tutorial... No!
This course will push you and challenge you to go from an absolute React Native beginner to someone that is in the top 10% of React Native developers 💪.
5️⃣ You're going to actually have FUN learning how to build mobile apps and you'll be learning alongside hundreds of other students from around the world in our online community.
Click Start Learning Now to join the Academy and we'll see you inside the course!
Answers to (at least some of) your questions
Are there any prerequisites for this course?
- You DO NOT need any experience with React or any other framework/library
- You DO NOT need any Java, Kotlin, Swift or Objective C experience
Why should I learn React Native? What about Flutter?
- Best framework for mobile apps: widely regarded as the best framework for mobile app development. It's also cross-platform meaning you only need to code your app once for it to run on Android or iOS.
- Lots of jobs available: Used by major companies (other than just Facebook) like Shopify, Pinterest, Discord, Coinbase, Flipkart means there is huge job demand for React Native developers.
- High demand = High salary: Per ZipRecruiter, the avg annual salary for a React Native developer in the United States is $117,277.
- Flutter is garbage! Ok, we're just kidding. Flutter is totally fine. If you really want to now how we feel, Mo did a deep dive on Youtube answering the React Native vs. Flutter question.
Who is this course for?
- Students who are interested in going beyond a normal "beginner" tutorial
- Programmers who want to learn the most in demand skill of a mobile app developer
- Developers that want to be in the top 10% of React Native Developers
- Students who want to gain experience working on scalable large cross platform applications
- Bootcamp or online tutorial graduates that want to go beyond the basics
- Any mobile developer who wants to learn only one language to write both iOS and Android mobile apps
- Anyone looking to build their own mobile applications to put on the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store
- Web developers who want to get hired as a mobile developer
Do you provide a certificate of completion?
We definitely do and they are quite nice. You will also be able to add Zero To Mastery Academy to the education section of your LinkedIn profile as well.
Can I use the course project in my portfolio?
Yes, you’d be crazy not to! This restaurant application project is a large-scale real-world project that is downloadable and ready to use the minute you join.
Many of our students tell us the projects they built while following along with our courses were what got them interviews and because they built the projects themselves, they could confidently explain and walk through their work during the interview. You know what that means? Job offer!
Can I download the videos?
Definitely. You can download any and all lessons for personal use. We do everything we can to make learning easy, fun, and accessible whether that’s on your commute, on a flight or if you just have limited access to good wifi.
How long does it usually take for me to build something and get hired?
Ultimately you’re the only can that can control that. Everyone learns at a different pace, but students who put in a couple hours each day to apply what they’ve learned should be able to confidently build their own projects and get hired within 6 months.
We don’t see just getting hired as the end goal though. Our advanced courses will also teach you the topics and skills you need to get promoted and hired as a senior developer.
Still have more questions specific to the Academy membership? No problem, head to the bottom of this page.
Live the life you want, starting now
Learning to code and becoming a developer provides endless opportunities to live the life you want. Whether that’s a high paying job with a world-class tech company, working remotely or building your own apps, the ZTM Academy will equip you with the skills and knowledge to achieve your dreams.
Our courses walk you through the entire journey of starting to learn to code to having a successful career as a developer. Along the way, you’ll not only be supported by Andrei, Adam and course TAs but also your peers in the exclusive Zero To Mastery community.
Join now to take the first step to change your life.